Saturday, June 10, 2006

Still waiting

Ok. I get it. My "due date" per the ultrasound tech isn't until the 23rd. But the calculated due date (which I adhere to) is Monday. I know patience is not my virtue. I get it. But cut me some slack! Rylan knew his Mommy was ready for him and out he popped... Always putting others first that kid!

So, we visit Wendy (fabulous midwife) Thursday and we are 2 (stretched to 3..Literally) cm dilated. 70% effaced. And for all intent and purposes, READY for that down hill road to Lexington Medical Center! But no. Here I sit while dear husband and son lie napping on a Saturday, with a mind full of energy (nesting?) and a pooped body. Contemplating the trampoline across the street as my next avenue to the delivery room.

See, this is why I sympathized so easily with Hope,Tarah, Nicole, Sarah and every other mom who is left waiting for an actual arrival... BC I can't stand the wait. Seriously, when was the last time you had to wait 9+ months for anything besides Christmas which arrives on the exact same day every year??

She is ready. Fully developed, and though I do not want to be induced, I would like to know where my 'eject' button is located. Ya know? What is the combination to this safe?

Well, need groceries, need to walk (so they say)... With my luck water will break at Walmart (20 minutes from home), then I will have to drive home, get in other truck with Rylan and Lane, (5-10 minute lay over), then drive to hospital (30-45 minutes, depending on my screaming) and deliver at the ER door. But hey, I will have gotten what I asked for right?

Besides, these stories are always cooler with some drama!

So I guess for those of you who are loyally checking this sucker I can only say 2 things...

1. Nothing yet.
2. Full Moon is tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try and be patient. The apple falls from the tree when ripe!
Love Aunt Jeanne

Hope said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!