Ok, so now that I see something growing, I can be a little more excited! We are growing our first garden this year! I have big dreams of having my OWN farmers' market in my back yard... (ok not really but one can hope!) With no $ to really blow on it, I decided to get creative with good ol' fashioned back-breaking work. No till, and not rectangles.
Since the kids are involved, I decided to make our garden a giant circle with 'pie pieces' so that the signs could face outward and little 'helpers' can observe the growth during the 'fragile times' by walking around the outside of the circle. That way they don't accidentally trample the seedlings and such... Very cool. Except I forgot to mark some of the seeds.... and that is ok, it will just be a surprise!
PS. this was not a great help for the suicidal tomato seedlings though... we are going to hang the next attempt upside down from my vine hut... Our neighbor Jen is growing a garden too and has has been so supportive of my little misfit garden! I was so proud to tell her it was not a total loss. This red clay is sooo dry and hard. But I am still excited! Think we can survive on corn, peas, cucumbers and the mystery veggie all summer?
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment