Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally!

Well Finally! I am updating our blog! And Finally Spring has sprung! And Finally! Honey got to visit! Finally it is strawberry season! Finally, we get to see Rylan in a T-Ball uniform! And Finally Pop-Pop and Lane were able to build the playhouse (too much rain before!) Finally, the mornings are warm enough to sit on my swing and listen to 'super heros' go down the slide, bees trying to pollenate yellow shovels, and Sammy scratching her dirty back on the grass! Finally, they seem to be able to play together and take care of each other! And Finally, peepee seems to go in the potty! And Finally, big "girl" underpants have begun replacing training pants! Finally, the washing machine gave way to years of too much laundry being shoved down it's throat. Finally, the sweat shirts and coats are getting less use than the tshirts and crocs! Finally, I see my love for my big brother's clothes is strong in the little girl I feared would be outa-my-league-prissy ...

And Finally (as of yesterday) I can say that I am going to be an Aunt and Rylan and Savannah are pleased to announce that they are going to be (FINALLY) cousins to a bouncing Reynolds GIRL!!!! Whew! Big month for all of us! I love living in the country. I can imagine not being happy where ever we live, but I really like it here. Quite, small town, nutty neighbor drama (can't escape that) but watching my kids discover that caterpillar season (the poor kid's petting zoo) comes every year and that weed flowers are just as precious as those we plant on purpose is just more than my heart can absorb today. Even the dumb dog is happy! SO as much as you love to read what is happening in our home, I know the real reason yall log on is to see our perfect kids as they grow... well, in the eyes of their parents and grandparents anyhoo...


T-Ball:

Well Rylan's first 'organized sport is T-Ball. One of the three tallest kids on the 4-5 year old team "The Reds" (a YMCA team), Rylan has discovered the inner ham. We have had to 'tweak' a few "around the house" behaviors, but for the most part, you put a bat in his hand and he is happy. Not so much with the outfield. It seems he has my attention span and maybe (if even) 1/2 of his daddy's competitive spirit. Hit. Run. Snack. Those seem to be the priorities. But yesterday- after pracitce with Lane, he caught his first ball in the outfield! He was happy his 'focusing' had paid off! Especially in front of Uncle Ryan and Aunt Julie. He likes his own fan club. Other than that, TBall is a sport you have to observe to appreciate. A team of 17 kids (2 girls, 15 boys) between the ages of 4-5, one ball, 2 blu, 2 red and one pink batter's helmets, several bats, 6 dads to help with the outfield, at least 2 moms to control the dugout, and a mischievious water fountain. Then, as this sport goes, one batter at the tee, 17 players in the outfield and two men trying to coach the batter. If and when you get a hit the unsuspecting ball rolls gently to the 'pitcher's mound' where it isi promptly... well with in 10 seconds, trampled and tackled by at least ten of the opposing players who will fight among themselves to 'capture' the ball. I likened it to a piece of food being tossed among 75 koy fish in a small pool. It is hysterical! Everyone hits to complete one of two innings. Then they have snack. Some where in all of that, the team at bat loses interest in the long wait for their turn and the water fountain inside the dugout becomes free entertainment. Add a pile of hats and gloves and dirt.... ya get Monday afternoons with our T-Ball team... Gotta love it!

So enough of the jabbering... let's have some pictures!


Yep. Here he is on third base. You clap, he bows. Natural response, right?




Ain't he 'scurry' lookin' with his serious face?

















Yes, those are Scooby Doo boy briefs...And the camo pants Rylan outgrew this Fall -Cuz that is the way us girls roll 'round here!

Man, this kid is growing so fast it breaks my heart and fills it with pride all in one gulp.

Now with a focal point, or rather, a place of their own, they seem to have a purpose for going outside! Sammy could not be happier that we joined her world... either that or she likes the added shade!


Honestly, Uncle Danny was the strawberry fanatic growing up. I hated the millions of crunching seeds when I tried to eat them. But once I discovered that whipped cream and chocolate were friends of strawberries, we put the past behind us. Now it is a seasonal celebration at our house when April comes! We go to Bush N Vine and pick 1/2 as much as we eat! I am sure there are all kinds of recipes and jams I could invest in.. but truth be told, Moma just likes powdered sugar or whipped cream in a bowl of them... I dont have time to plan ahead... the bowl is empty before I can get online for a recipe... Oh well. Fresh is better, right? Sugar included?
Two tons of strawberries later... we had two buckets to take home and three bellies full! (Honey still doesn't like tiny seeds... but she was happy to pick them!)
Well, you are caught up for now... until I remember something I forgot... which stating in itself is an oxymoron of sorts... Love yall!

1 comment:

AuntJeanne said...

They are 2 precious. And yes, growing up WAY too fast.