Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fresh Air at Last...


"E.E."
Charles Glenn Evans
July 15, 1925 -July 30, 2008

Also, thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, love and encouragement during this time. As most of you know, EE's body finally surrendered yesterday morning after 6+ years battling COPD and Emphysema. I had the honor and privileged of spending several nights with him last week after he was admitted to the hospital. We had several intimate conversations that would have been missed if the situation had been any other way. A strong man who survived many things that would have broken most people I know. And who fell on his face before Christ and begged for Him to change him and use him. The Lord most definitely changed him, guided him, and shown through him. I am proud to have known him and be lucky "#7, daughter of #3 and mother to #14 & #15". He got my humor and I got his. I can't be sad that he has left this world. Not for him, but for us who stayed behind and must wait to see him again. We talked in detail in the past few days and I know that he is no longer miserable in a broken body in a broken world.

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble when yer perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cuz I get better lookin' each day! To know me is to love me..."

I can hear him whistling and jingling the change in his one-piece jumpsuit now! Who can cry at that thought? Yup! To know him is to love him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandfather lost his battle with COPD/Emphesyma on July 12th. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.
Natalie
www.oldgeorgiahouse.com