We are still here! It has been a busy summer and seeping in to the Fall. It is getting chilly at nights up here but still not cold enough for sweat shirts and jackets. The perfect temperature for grilling out and walking around the neighborhood. Meanwhile, R and SG are growing. I put their jeans on a few weeks ago and Rylan looked like he was wearing nickers... and surprisingly, so did SG! They are talking up a storm and arguing in a healthy manner all the time. I figure if one of them is just like me and one of them is just like Lane, then this will be the norm. Not that we 'fight' but we pick and argue our opinions all the time. So, they will probably both grow up to be lawyers! But just for fun, here is a conversation from tonite.... Please note that they also that they have one volume... MAX! SO imagine them 'talking' at full volume...
Rylan and Savannah Grace have been actually playing house together... I know, I am so used to the constant sibling bickering that I find myself waiting for them to fight; and yet, for about 2 hours they have been happily playing house! I am amazed and hope it is the beginning of a beautiful thing. But I had to laugh tonite when Daisy (SG's baby doll) 'pooped' and needed a diaper change. This is how it went : (Note: not a pooping doll. Just imagination poo)
R: Did Daisy poop?
SG: Yep.
R: You need to change her.
SG: You help me.
R: No, daddies dont change diapers...
SG: I need help.
Daddies don't change diapers... MOMMY!!! DO DADDIES CHANGE DIAPERS?
Me: Yep. Pop Pop, G'daddy and Daddy all change diapers. (snicker --funny how playing house immitates reality.)
R: Daddies change diapers sometimes. You change it.
SG: I can't. I need help.
R: Nuh, uh... Mommies never need help!
Ya just have to laugh!! Sounds like they have heard this before? Needless to say both of my kids are talkers so sometimes, you just never know what is going to fly out of their mouths. Usually it is what ever thought they are having and I am running in slow motion to cover their mouth before they spill it out with out thinking (dunno where they get that from!) They don't know nasty words, but their thoughts about strange situations can be touchy!! For instance, I researched and bought a stranger-danger style video by John Walsh (father to Adam who was kidnapped and murdered and now he hosts Am. Most Wanted) and the woman who created Baby Einsteins. Well, it was great. All 4 of us watched it together and of course, Rylan--who has Lane's memory, remembers ALL of it... Which makes running errands, repairs to anything in the house by a vendor and of course, church, sorta interesting...
Anyone that they don't KNOW, like see weekly or are related to by blood, can be victims of the following phrases... and many have been in the past two weeks:
"THIS IS NOT MY DADDY! THIS IS NOT MY MOMMY" --screeched across BiLo when a shopper said hello while walking by.
"I don't know you!!! MOMA, I DONT KNOW THAT MAN!" -hollered at a man who had been looking a a book in Michael's and never once looked or moved towards Rylan but since he was a "dont know" Rylan thought I should know.
"I DONT KNOW YOU!" At the top of his lungs while running to PopPop...at church... when and unsuspecting (grown up) cousin asked him to sneak around the corner with her to scare daddy.
Well, at least he is cautious. SG, being my little hemarrhoid, has always given a grumpy face to strangers... barring puppies and ice cream, but even she has spouted off at some strangers who tell her hello. Hey, I dont care. Hurt feelings? Not my concern.... just want them to be safe!
PS. The video is called: The Safe Side Check my links to check it out! I highly recommend it. It is not creepy or weird or scary. It is effective, funny, cheesy and informative.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We watched that movie too! Was it w/ the crazy girl w/ the different weird pigtails... and the "Don't Knows" etc??
Oh and w/ the diaper thing... sounds like SG needs YCM!
Post a Comment