So Lane caught the flu last week and took 4-5 days to return to normal. Mom and Dad came to take care of the him and the kids, since I was invited to my cousin, Heather's baby shower in Manning. He finally returns to work on Thursday and Friday SG and I start feeling bad. That pretty much sums up every thing up til yesterday.Uma seemed to have caught what ever bug was luming in our house and she wa out for several days if not a week with miserable sympotms. And as of Monday, Pop Pop, seemed to have the same upper respiratory infection we have and it seemed to have caused him to pass out for several minutes yesterday morning. As you would expect, it totally terrified Uma, so Lane and Ryan rushed to Columbia to check on them both. I assume the heat in the shower mixed with the URI symptoms must have gotten to him. The doctor really didn't clarify and put him on a Cpak to fight infection.
So about two hours after Lane left for Columbia, I had all I could take of being miserable and decided to go to the local urgent care. Unfortunately, no one could keep the kids.... So, after 2 hours of waiting room survival. I get an Rx for Amoxicillin (sp) then drove to Columbia for SGs shots and Rx for her respiratory infection. SG is good. 22 lbs still (not eating while she is sick so no weight gain since 12 month check up. Also he checked the growth on her neck and we are scheduling an ultrasound and will determine if she needs a biopsy from that point. Dr. DuBose stated that he was not overly concerned but with the obvious family history, he would not pass it over and wanted to pursue it until we were sure of what it was and that she is was in the clear. The u/s will take place in Columbia since it is where our Ped is and our families too. Will let you know how that goes. It is in God's hands and I am not worried.
The bad news is that all this sickness has delayed a long awaited visit from my mom. The good news is, a slight arm-twisting (yea, right) was all it took for Honey and G'daddy to come rescue Rylan and take him to their house away from the sickness and to play with some stray puppies that have taken up in their barn.
So after we finished with the doctors, and checked in on Uma and Pop Pop, (who are doing well and recovering from the day... with meds and sleep and some soarness, no doubt) SG and I then I drove by CVS to p/u Rx and had to wait for an hour. Then drive back to McConnells. SG isn't hungry so we gave her a nice warm bath [to get the gook out of her eyes and off of her ever flaking face - snot has it chapped] and some Pediasure to drink and cuddle her on the couch.
So we are sitting onthe couch and she is WRITHING in discomfort. Between me and DH and we just hate it for her but what can we do. We love on her and she climbs in my lap, crying and writhing and then...

Chocolate milk will never taste the same. DH is holding back so he doesnt barf with her and off we go, blanket, pants, belt, pjs, everything... to the shower... miserable for both but mostly for her. Apparently, Amoxicillin should be taken with more than Pediasure... Ugh. Now ya know. As of today, she is crusty but a little perkier. Last night was ok. A little sleep. A little TLC and some Shirley Temple movies seemed to be helping.



1 comment:
I'm feeling for you all! I've dodged the illnesses so far down here, but tjhey are horrible this year.
Post a Comment