Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year!

So, our new year has been great so far! Here is the update on us!

Savannah -

She is testing her boundaries and learning to enunciate the word "No" *sigh*. But she is a firecracker! She loves her brother and is now equally responsible for the mischief in the house. A head like a rock, she refuses (at least temporarily) to obey certain requests until she is 'ready'. (I think I recognize her daddy in her!)


Meanwhile, a complete charmer, she plays the men in our family like a finely-tuned violin. The women are on to her, but some of us still giggle at her stubborn appeal. She is quick to display her true feelings for people when she meets them. Her face, like her mothers (poor girl) is sure to reveal disapproval of an unwelcome stranger...but let's be honest, she has had that talent since birth!

She has currently has two suitors: Collin and Parker. Very "Legend of the Falls" since they are brothers! Collin, whom she has dubbed, "Ka Ka" is the oldest and kisses and hugs her and strokes her face. She knows his number and plays coy but returns for more in an instant. Parker (whom we will only assume will have a similar nickname soon) is approximately 3 months younger than SG, but they are cut from the same cloth. Kristina (mom to both) and I realized at meal time when everyone else was eating calmly and Parker and Savannah were face painting and begging for more food. He shared with her and the sparks were instant.

Don't fret. Uncle Danny and Uncle Ryan are armed for bear just in case Lane and I need back up.

Rylan-

He is still amazing me! From driving his monster truck, to helping his daddy with his own tool set, he is growing into a little boy. I can't take it! He's vocabulary is so impressive and usually accurate! As I was correcting him once, he informed me that I was "dispecting" him and he was "not happy bout it". That's right! Knocking on the door of 3 years old and he tells me that I am disrespecting him. Oh man.

This week we hit a unexpected milestone... He has been watching Lane and I on the computer for years, and in the new house we use laptops. I found an educational website (
http://www.starfall.com/) and as I was showing him the alphabet, he told me he wanted to do it himself... No MOUSE! Just the laptop pad which is pretty close to impossible for most adults... I showed him one letter and told him how to go to the next screen and start over (then for an instant in my head I thought I was flooding him with info that was to complex for him to grasp) I let him hold it and BAM! That kid was flipping through screens, selecting different letters and completely independent. So now we use it as 'currency' for potty training.

And don't worry! Rylan has a girl friend or two already! He and Skylar like to take rides in his monster truck (which causes jealousy in SG!) and they are always hugging and kissing. Don't worry! Amanda (Skylar's mom) and I are keeping an eye on those two!

And Lane has thoroughly enjoyed his job and the comfort of having Ryan in the office also! But his favorite thing is the new house and planning for the yard and such! He is such a big kid!

And me, well I am attempting to redefine "soccer mom" by being a mom and playing soccer again! I was asked to play on a co-ed team with Lane's coworkers and though we got SMEARED the first game, I am loving it! Better than any gym membership or diet! Plus the kids really like it so I am secretly hoping to have more soccer players in the family! Lane enjoyed the game too so maybe I can get him to join in!! Woo hoo!

Well that is all for now. We are celebrating Rylan's 3rd birthday this weekend and next. Will post pics soon!

1 comment:

Scott and Robin Ann said...

WOW! I can't believe Rylan will be 3. Where has the time gone? I love your updates. They're so funny. Miss you!