After a great birthday weekend and relaxing Sunday at my parents house, I took some time to lay on the floor with Rylan. We do this regularly: I lay on my back and he comes to talk to the baby... we'll not "talk" exactly but he plays with my belly. He actually started kissing my belly a few weeks before we found out we were pregnant...(Go figure!) Now, he just pats it and giggles. I imagine he is talking to his future sibling. Think I am nuts? Well, not denying that, but it is sorta sweet to think about.
Afterwards I rocked him in our chair and noticed that now when we cuddle, he no longer uses my shoulder as a pillow. Because of my growing 'bump' he glides down to where his belly meets mine and his head is softly snuggled to my ...err... Other "pillows". Then as he slips off to sleep, "his" baby starts talking back to him... with each steady breath his stomach pushes against his little brother or sister and he/she pushes back. Of course he can't feel that yet, but I can.
I guess some people would call it the beginning of sibling rivalry, but based my experience with my big brother, Danny, I think they are just conspiring together at an early age. Boy or girl, these to will be close in more than just age. I like that.
And for those of you ready for birthday party pictures, I will be posting them soon!
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad to hear he had a good birthday! Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment